On Canada Day, July 1 2015, the Cattle Point Arts, Science and Culture Foundation, of Oak Bay, British Columbia, Canada presented a work of art by North American First Nations Artist Chris Paul called “Life is a Cosmic Phenomenon” to :
- Churchill College, Cambridge (Artists Proof : #1/1)
- University of Peradeniya, Kandy, Sri Lanka (#2/20)
- Oak Bay Municipal Hall (#1/20)
It is designed to motivate students at Churchill College, Cambridge University; University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka (The MIT of Sri Lanka); and Oak Bay to learn more about :
- The Salish Sea and World Conservation Problems
- The First Nations and the Coast Salish
- Astrobiology and especially the Hoyle-Wickramasinghe Model of Panspermia.
The giclee itself depicts existing life on earth welcoming new life coming in bound to earth on a comet. The salmon, the orca and the thunderbird reach up to the sky and to the comet.