The Cattle Point Arts, Science and Culture Foundation (CPF) is a Vancouver Island Foundation established in 2015 with the long term vision of being a source of funding for local Arts, Science and Culture projects.
In 2016 we are involved with, directly and indirectly, the following projects
- Art Contest. Impressions of the Salish Sea. This culminates in an evening of celebration on April 2nd, 2016 at the newly re-branded SHAW Centre for the Salish Sea.
- The Salish Sea Biosphere Initiative – A U.N. Biosphere Reserve : This is in a very early incubation phase.
- The Salish Seafront Initiative : Development of a plan for the Oak Bay waterfront.
- Cattle Point DARK SKY Star Park. Funded and Operational. This project includes our monthly “What’s Up in (month)” article in the Oak Bay News.
- 2015-2019 Oak Bay Arts Laureate. This will typically be a $2,500 per year investment in this important community program. This year, 2016, the plan is to help Barbara Adams build a podium and small performance area around the Salish Sea sculpture at the Oak Bay Marina.
- The Salish Sun : The first “object” (The SUN) in the Vancouver Island Walk of the Planets. To be placed in a suitable location at Cattle Point.
- The Hoyle Shield Project : a science project for students to explore the stratosphere.